After reading the title, you might be thinking that the "one less tooth" has something to do with the new scooter...Actually, I think that would be a better story. Along with the potty trained child, comes the excitement of a two year old who loves the freedom of going to the potty and washing hands "ALL BY MYSELF"!! There are just some things that Ellary insists she does not need help with. Today, Ellary yelled to me in the next room that she had just gone potty and was now washing her hands. I might add, that she takes a little long to wash those hands and there are usually more than the normal amount of bubbles in the sink AND on the bathroom counter. During the middle of her hand washing I heard a crash and went running to see what had happened. Ellary was laying in the bathroom floor with her wooden stool on top of her and one of her front teeth sitting on her chin. The amazing thing was... she wasn't even crying much. I, on the other hand, wanted to cry after I talked with our dentist (my brother-in-law) and came to grips with the fact that the tooth CANNOT be put back in because it could cause problems for the permanent tooth underneath. So, we will see the dentist in two weeks about having a bridge put in or she may sport this sweet smile for a few years to come. Either way, we think she is ADORABLE!!!!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
No More Diapers....a New Scooter....and One Less Tooth!!!
We are so proud of our Baby Girl for deciding recently (at 2 1/2) that she would like to wear "big girl panties". She woke up one morning and told me that she is now a big girl and big girls wear Dora panties! She then pulled her Dora panties out of her dresser drawer and put them on. I went along with her plan fully expecting that I would be cleaning up a lot of messes. I guess I didn't give her enough credit because she went straight to the potty and did her "business" and has only had a few accidents ever since. And....it has been nearly 6 weeks!! As a reward, I took Ellary to the toy store and told her to pick out a "potty training prize". She picked out a Barbie camera and a pink Radio Flyer scooter. She loves the scooter and especially loves trying to keep up with her big sister, Sara as they ride together.


After reading the title, you might be thinking that the "one less tooth" has something to do with the new scooter...Actually, I think that would be a better story. Along with the potty trained child, comes the excitement of a two year old who loves the freedom of going to the potty and washing hands "ALL BY MYSELF"!! There are just some things that Ellary insists she does not need help with. Today, Ellary yelled to me in the next room that she had just gone potty and was now washing her hands. I might add, that she takes a little long to wash those hands and there are usually more than the normal amount of bubbles in the sink AND on the bathroom counter. During the middle of her hand washing I heard a crash and went running to see what had happened. Ellary was laying in the bathroom floor with her wooden stool on top of her and one of her front teeth sitting on her chin. The amazing thing was... she wasn't even crying much. I, on the other hand, wanted to cry after I talked with our dentist (my brother-in-law) and came to grips with the fact that the tooth CANNOT be put back in because it could cause problems for the permanent tooth underneath. So, we will see the dentist in two weeks about having a bridge put in or she may sport this sweet smile for a few years to come. Either way, we think she is ADORABLE!!!!

After reading the title, you might be thinking that the "one less tooth" has something to do with the new scooter...Actually, I think that would be a better story. Along with the potty trained child, comes the excitement of a two year old who loves the freedom of going to the potty and washing hands "ALL BY MYSELF"!! There are just some things that Ellary insists she does not need help with. Today, Ellary yelled to me in the next room that she had just gone potty and was now washing her hands. I might add, that she takes a little long to wash those hands and there are usually more than the normal amount of bubbles in the sink AND on the bathroom counter. During the middle of her hand washing I heard a crash and went running to see what had happened. Ellary was laying in the bathroom floor with her wooden stool on top of her and one of her front teeth sitting on her chin. The amazing thing was... she wasn't even crying much. I, on the other hand, wanted to cry after I talked with our dentist (my brother-in-law) and came to grips with the fact that the tooth CANNOT be put back in because it could cause problems for the permanent tooth underneath. So, we will see the dentist in two weeks about having a bridge put in or she may sport this sweet smile for a few years to come. Either way, we think she is ADORABLE!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Way to go Ellary for being potty trained--gotta love those girls!! So sad about the tooth, but that's easily fixed :)
Oh Alana! I am so sorry and you Ellary both had to go through this. Keep us posted on what the dentist decides to do. But one things is for sure -- either way, she is super cute.
Oh how scary...but your right she is adorable! She sounds like our little Jessica. I love the "Grand Fanale" name!
Post a Comment